- All sessions are 55 minutes in length.
- All cancellations for Privates and Duets must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged the full price of the service.
- All cancellations for Equipment classes must be made 3 hours in advance to avoid being charged the full price of the service.
- Private and Duet sessions should be scheduled directly with the instructor.
- Equipment classes can be scheduled online up to 3 hours prior to the start of class.
- All packages of 5 classes expire automatically 6 months after the date of purchase.
- All packages of 10 classes expire automatically 6 months after the date of purchase.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Start with one of our Introductory Packages – 3 private sessions or 1 private session and 3 equipment classes. Experience on Pilates equipment is required before enrolling in equipment classes.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Wear comfortable clothing that will allow you to move easily and stretch. Sticky socks are recommended but not required.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I WORK OUT?
Two or three times a week is optimal but we know that busy schedules may not allow this. Ask your instructor to provide you with mat exercises that can be done daily to help you continue building your strength.
IS IT SAFE?
Pilates and GYROTONIC® are both very safe, low-impact systems. However, if you have been under a doctor’s care for an injury or recent operation, please ask your health care professional if you are ready to start any kind of exercise program.
DO I NEED TO DO OTHER EXERCISE?
Complementing your program at Physiques with cardio workouts is beneficial. Walking, swimming, hiking, biking, or using an elliptical trainer can help you meet your personal goals. For your convenience, we have a variety of cardio machines available for use either before or after your session.
WHAT IF I HAVE BACK ISSUES?
Building your core strength and stability can help improve back issues. Many people discover Pilates and/or GYROTONIC® as an excellent choice for or preventing and managing back issues. We recommend a few private sessions with an instructor before attending any group classes if you have back problems.